I've mentioned before, I'm embarking on a 2 week adventure in Asia this November to the Philippines, Taiwan, and Japan. I haven't been on a multi-country trip since I was 16 (and that was a student tour so much easier to get around), so it's about time I update all of my travel gear. Here are the top items on my wish list:
1. Dueter Fox 30 Backpack - As someone who is a constant over-packer, packing in a 30L backpack seems a bit daunting to me. But I am seriously determined to do it for our trip to Asia because I definitely do not want to be rolling a suitcase around that many countries. I tried on this exact pack at REI, except it was 40L. It fit perfectly but I wasn't in love with the color (neon green... no thanks!). So yeah, I'm going to forgo 10L so I can get the color I want. Uhh... wish me luck?
2. Madewell's the Transport Crossbody - I currently have a black Kate Spade tote that I love (to the point that the handles are fraying), but crossbody bags are so much easier and safer to carry around while traveling. I've been eyeing this crossbody from Madewell because of the classic look, zipper close, and the option to personalize it.
3. Roll-Up Jewelry Case - I haven't found a good way to travel with jewelry yet. Usually I just put everything in one rectangular pouch and be done with it - but that always makes it so hard to find everything. Plus, everything ends up tangled. Hoping a roll-up case will help me out!
4. Eagle Creek Compression Set - One of the obstacles that we'll be faced with is dressing for several different temperatures. It'll be high 80's in the Philippines, then 70's in Taiwan, and then finally low 60's in Japan. So my solution is purchasing this compression set, so that my "colder weather apparel" won't take up too much room in my backpack. Plus, I think they'll be useful in dividing up items like underwear, socks, swim suits, etc.
5. Tile Phone Finder - The Tile is a small square that hooks on to almost anything you own - whether it's your keys, backpack, purse, etc. Then you download the Tile app and you can see where your item is located. Normally I don't worry about items getting stolen while I travel, but I saw this little gadget and how many great reviews it has and now I'm sold!
6. Life Nomadic - I love a good travel book and Life Nomadic is the next one up on my reading list. Unfortunately I checked my local library and they don't have it so now I'll just have to add one more book to my bookshelf.
What are your favorite items you use for travel? Let me know in the comments!