So... its December! Yes, I'm a little late on this train seeing its almost 10 days into December already, but I am in the midst of working 2 weeks in a row with only 1 day off (tis the season!). Unfortunately, I think this is turning me into somewhat of a scrooge (not to mention my house is a mess since I haven't had a spare minute to tidy up). So I am trying to do my best to get into the Christmas spirit and enjoy the holiday cheer! And in order to do that, I've put together a round up of some really cool Christmas/December themed "musts" that I'd really like to try to enjoy/do:
From top to bottom:
1. Nutella Hot Chocolate: I am quite obsessed with anything Nutella. Given the cold weather we've [finally] gotten, I am all about a Nutella flavored Hot Chocolate. Check out the recipe over at The Hungry Housewife.
2. DIY Shoulder Bow Sweater: I can't find the original post, but this has been a super cute DIY floating around Pinterest lately: "Take an old sweater. Cut a slit in along the shoulder down about 7". Fold over raw edge and sew in place. Sew a piece of ribbon about 15" long to one side of neckline and another ribbon to the other side of the neckline. Tie together!"
3. Snowflake Nail Art: As if I ever have time to paint my nails, but these look simple enough! With the snowfall (well...ice rain?) we've been having down here in DC these would be perfect for the season! Get a better look here.
4. Tipsy Santa Cocktails: this adorable cocktail is from my girl Rachel Ray. Not only is it made from one of my favorite poisons of choice (bourbon), but the glass decor makes it look just like Santa's been turned upside down!
5. The best quote about wine and Christmas ever: " I'm dreaming of a white Christmas... but if the white runs out, I'll drink the red!" You can get it on a chalk sign to hang above your in-home bar here.
6. Glitter Garland: Whether its for Christmas or New Years, I'm all about any type of glitter decor. There are a bunch of DIY tutorials online nowadays. Here's a super easy one.
7. Laying Wreaths at Arlington Cemetery: Probably one of the most important of the "Christmas Musts," every year volunteers lay down wreaths at all of the headstones at Arlington Cemetery in Arlington, VA. Unfortunately, there are normally not enough wreaths to lay down on every single headstone. This year, there aren't enough wreaths for those who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. You can buy a single wreath (or more) via Wreaths Across America which I think is a great $15 dollars to spend this season!
So with two weeks left in December, here's to hoping I'll be able to make the most of it... after all, it is supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year! Anyone have any other "December musts" that are on your list?